PLACE # 13 - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Ahhhh.... warm ocean breeze, sun rays on my skin and endless blue ocean! I have only positive memories of my trip to Puerto Plata!

I went there with 6 of my girlfriends and it was the most fun I've had. I just wish I could remember more of it...it was an open bar after all.

The most memorable part of the trip was a "private tour of the hidden lake" that myself and three of my friends decided to take with a tour guide after his official working hours. It was experience like no other! No seriously, and not because we had to travel in the personal vehicle of our "tour guide" after his working hours through some extremely shady parts of the city. We ended up in a secluded area with a very unique lake which was connected to the ocean through underwater passages. It was absolutely beautiful. Very peaceful and secluded. It was also the deepest lake of the region.

Apart from magnificent natural wonders, I got a peak at the life outside of the resort. It was quite different. I liked locals and their laid back approach to life. Picture above features a little boy enjoying ice-cream at the main port of the city.

... Palm trees, sand, warm ocean water, and the sun. Yes, I burned and I burned pretty bad, but it was worth it!

This picture was taken outside of the resort on a public beach. I would definitely want to go back and explore more of the outside-of-the-resort life.

No comments:

Post a Comment